Saturday, January 1, 2011

Welcome 2011!

The worst decade of my life has come to a close with a great sigh of relief and a burden off my shoulders.
  • Over the past ten years I have experienced unemployment for the first time in my life,
  • Over the past ten years I have been the victim of violent crime a few times and am still in a protection program,
  • I lost my airplane and my Mercedes-Benz,
  • My net worth went from $4.7 Million to about $30,000,
  • My health took a nose dive,
  • I got fat,
  • and I even had to file for bankruptcy.


Yet it wasn't all that bad.
  • The best, most loving friends of my life are now a part of it,
  • I've experienced some pretty amazing things that are too innumerable to list here,
  • I've had the most interesting jobs of my career,
  • I finally moved to San Francisco, a city I've always wanted to live in,
  • I currently have the coolest and, thankfully, stablest job I've had in years,
  • and two of the greatest kitties are part of my life.

The reason I am so excited about 2011 and so hopeful for the future is that all the bad things listed above have been left behind and only the good things have passed over into the new year. I am content, happy and so full of hope.

No, it's not the NORCO talking. LOL. I really am filled with an enormous feeling of a brighter future where good things will finally come my way, and I hope the same for my family and friends.
Happy New Year everyone! I welcome you into my life 2011!

2 comments:

  1. While it hasn't been the easiest decade for you, I will say that it's been one of the best for me. Why? Cause you've been in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Fat Girl vs. World

    Thank you for proving my point that "the best, most loving friends of my life are now a part of it."

    I love you and miss you.

    Happy 2011!!!

    ReplyDelete